This is a pattern to make Finn's backpack from Adventure Time, as requested by a few people! It makes this bag here:
This pattern is intended for someone who already knows a thing or two about sewing... I suggest using POLAR FLEECE FABRIC! In both light and dark green. You will also need a zipper.Cutting Instructions
1. Download and print this image. There are websites that let you print large pictures over several pages.
2. Cut out each shape.
3. Take your light green fabric and fold in half, right sides together. Lay piece 1 on top of it and trace around with pen. Cut out through both thicknesses leaving 1/2 inch margin (seam allowance)
4. Do the same for piece 2, except on your dark green fabric.
5. Lay your light green fabric face down on the ground/table(not folded). Put piece number 3 on top, trace round, cut out with 1/2 inch margin.
6. Do the same for piece 4 using dark green fabric.
7. Lay dark green fabric face down and put piece 5 on top. Trace around and cut leaving margin.
There, you have pieces. Now do the same steps 1-7 for your lining. You should have the same pieces for lining as for main fabric. Sewing Instructions
1. With right sides together, sew curved edges of both 1 pieces to curved edge of piece 3.
2. Do same for both 2 pieces and curved edge of piece 4.
3. matching seams, with right sides together, sew green half of bag to dark green half of bag. Only sew halfway through segments 1 and 2 to leave room for zip.
4. IMPORTANT: Back panel (piece 5) is deliberately too small. GATHER bag onto back panel, it gives a poofy shape!remember to put the straps into the seam here! I think you guys can figure out how to make straps.... sew 2 long rectangles together...
5. Do same steps for lining.
6. Put lining inside bag, pin, stuff to give fatness.
7. Put in zip.
any questions, ask me! :3